Thursday 13 November 2008

10 days in Italy!!

Ummm, life's amazing. What a blessing it has been to have had such amazing opportunities! My flatmate and I got to travel through Rome, Florence, Bologna, and Venice with so much relaxation and so little stress, I didn't think it was possible. I won't even try to simplify my trip into one simple blog, because it would be impossible. But I can't wait to share stories and pictures! Trust, there's a lot. Because I have such an immense amount of pictures to sift through I will post some asap.

Coming back to London has kind of been a whirlwind- being thrusted back into business ((well, as business as it gets here)) The first night I was back, CIEE organized for us to go on the London Eye which began as the most hectic ordeal of my life ((I never thought I would have to do sprints in Italian leather boots......a story for another time)) but the night turned out to be amazing. We went on the Eye and seeing the city all lit up from so high above was awesome. Then three of us went to dinner and went for a walk along the Thames. Which because it is officially Christmas time ((it's not like British people celebrate Thanksgiving! lol)), the trees are all lit up; Christmas decorations are up and starbucks is on their holiday menu!!! Life is good.

Here's a very small taste of the pictures that I took ((prior to my camera dying! so I still need to get the pictures from alex from the rest of the trip))

((so this is the colosseum))


((and this is us eating some pizza in front of the colosseum))

((Here's 5/6 of our flat in front of the Trevi Fountain))
((And this, my friends, is the Trevi))
((3 coins: first for a quick return, second for love, third for marriage))
((The Vatican's a popular place))
((So this is us waiting in line))
((I understand why it's such a popular place))


((The mural of geniuses))

((I'm a thinker!))
((St. Peter's Basillica))
((We're in the freaking Colosseum!))
((Made me want to watch Gladiator real bad))
((me and alex))
((taking a drink on Palatine Hill))
((alex is playing hide-and-seek, apparently))
((Umm, amazing.))


((walking through the Forum))
((View from the Spanish Steps))
((Piazza di Spagna))
((leatttther in Florence))
((hey, lets go check it out!))
((The Duomo))
((The East Doors of the Baptistry))
...so obviously there's a ton more pictures, but my camera died mid florence.
so Bologna and Venice pictures are still to come.

1 comment:

Coach Lok said...

... and that's only HALF the trip! What great sights and experiences to share with some amazing friends that happened into your life for just the right reasons. Looks like you're having a phenomenal time. Can't wait to see the rest