Sunday 16 November 2008

Back to normal

Not that me living in London is exactly normal, but it's as normal as can be right now. Since I got back from Italy I've relaxed...a lot. As exciting as Italy was, it's rather exhausting having to be constantly aware and on guard. Travelling made me tired, so it feels good to be home, as much of a "home" as this can be without the people I love. Getting off the plane in London was one of the weirdest emotions I have ever experienced I don't even think I can begin to try to explain. Conflicted. I was really conflicted. I love London and I absolutely love my classes, the people, the surroundings. But I love you all more. Coming down the escalator at London, Gatwick reminded me how much I cannot wait for the day that I come down the escalator at LAX and get to see my family again, and hear their voices, and give them presents!

I only have three and half more weeks of school and five more weeks in London. There's still so much I want to do, so much more I could do. It's just been really odd, being at the half way point. But this is where I am....and this is where I'm happy to be.

1 comment:

Coach Lok said...

We just watched Wizard of Oz for the 9,852nd time (never exaggerate... right !:?)

Enjoy your "emerald city"... but don't lose your "Ruby Slippers"

We love you