Sunday 30 November 2008

Mi Amor Barcelona

I do. I love Barcelona. It's such a cool mix of urban and culture and the nightlife is insane! I won't go into details but everyone can be rest assured that we are being very, very safe. One of the girls I'm here with, Kat...she's like Heather (she would look both ways for sheep too) Yesterday we did a bus tour of the north half of Barcelona and today we're doing the South Tour....which means it is on the beach. Talk about my cup of tea!!

So in Italy, the so called language barrier was basically non existent because everyone spoke English...not here. And I am bit disappointed in the lack of Spanish that stuck with me through four years of trying (and clearly failing) to learn Spanish...i know vocab and probably construct sentences like a second grader, a second grader with bad grammar! And that's not good at all. But it's an experience and I am loving every moment of it!






Here are some pictures:



The Magic Fountain Show....i think it beats Vegas

La Rambla at Night

Kat, Alex, and I in front of Palau Reial
The Beaches of Barcelona...too cold!
The view from the top of Teleferic Montjuic
Port Vell at night

Our Last night: Taller de Tapas
Puttin my hand in the Mediterrania
Going for a stroll the last morning (thats the colom in the background)
We were realaxing on the docks













2 comments:

Coach Lok said...

Safe is good.

But in Barcelona is it, "Look both ways for BULLS"... no wait, that's Pomplona... still Spain - right?

Mediterranean, Adriatic, English Channel... any other bodies of water we can visit?

Enjoy!

Coach Lok said...

Watchin' Food Network (football games this morning are boring)

"Rachel Ray's Vacation"... guess were she's at?

Barcelona!

To the locals, is it
Bar-SA-lo-na
or
Bar-THA-lo-na?

The Arch, la Boqueria, las Ramblas, OrtVelle, the beaches... looks klike a blast!

I'm right there with ya' ... just without the hugs and the "Daddy stories" !:?)

Love you!