Thursday 25 September 2008

All Settled In

The past two days has been all about getting life figured out...and boy has it been interesting!! It took a while for me to figure out the ligistics of scheduling, banking, self-catering, and what not....but I think I got it all figured out, and like frosted flakes, it feels grrrrrreat! Tonight I made my first complete meal here (chicken with garlic butter, cheese bread, and vegetables. yum!) and it was very nice feeling like a self-sufficient human being. My class schedule is all settled...and might I say, amazing. A semester of taking theatre classes in London is entirely unreal. Theatre History and Shakespeare's London both have the possibility of being incredibly difficult, but incredibly interesting as well. I am extremely ecstatic for my other two courses. London theatre- which, from what I'm told, will be going to watch shows and then writing an opinion or critique essay. Uh, awesome. And the last class that I am extremely excited for (and I will admit slightly nervous) is Acting in London. Acting class. With an actor straight out of the city. Uh, even more awesome!! Classes will start up on Tuesday and I cannot wait. I cannot wait in the whole, it's incredibly nerve wracking having to wait kind of way. Tomorrow's an extremely exciting day as well: Freshers Fayre, Midsummer Night's Dream at The Globe (does it really get better than that? ummm, think not.) Then Fresh Club at the Student Union....maybe they'll actually play music that's not from junior high. Haha...last night at Club Sandwich, the Brits were rockin out to Hanson...so funny.

1 comment:

Coach Lok said...

I hope the Freshers Fayre was fun and you "made friends and asked questions !"

No... if you're studying theater in London it doesn't get any better than Midsummers Night Dream at THE GLOBE!

I'm looking forward to lots of pix.

We love you!