Friday 26 September 2008

In a state of incredible awe

I remember learning about it, seeing pictures, even attempting to build a to-scale replica....and now I've seen it. That's right...Shakespeare's Globe. Not only did I get to see the theatre but I got to see A Midsummer Night's Dream performed and it was amazing!! Definitely one of the most surreal moments I have ever experienced- sitting back in utter awe that I was able to sit and watch one of my favorite plays at a place that four years ago would have only dreamt of being able to go to. The performance was fabulous, the actors hilarious, and the environment intoxicating. We were literally sitting in the best seats in the house. first level up, directly in front of the stage....I couldn't have asked for a better day!

The day started with "Freshers Fayre," Which is basically a club fair for new students to come and check out what's on campus. It was really cool getting to see all the things the campus really cares about. It appears to be a very politically active campus that gets behind a lot of causes. Pretty cool.

Then myself and four of my flatmates were off to Shakespeare Globe, which is right on the Southbank of the river next to London Bridge. Then we took plennnttty of pictures:

All of us in front of London Bridge

I can't believe I'm at The Globe Theatre!!!

Ahhhhh... amazing!

ashley, bari, julie, me, and alex


where the magic happens

The Heavens


This is from where we were sitting...perfect!
Just look at our view!!!

2 comments:

Tom Westbang said...

Hi hello,

there are nice pictures in your blog.

Best Regards from Frankfurt Germany

Tom

http://www.westbang.blogspot.com

Coach Lok said...

I just found my new, favorite picture of Brittany! The stage behind you is the prefect backdrop to illustrate this chapter in the journey.

"....would have only dreamt of being able to go to...."
Isn't that a theme of the play - imagination makes impossible things into reality!

Plus a lot of hard work, planning, and courage!

We love you! Enjoy!