Friday 19 September 2008

My First Full Day

Today was my first day waking up in London and of course, I over slept! I was suppose to meet my group in the lobby at 10am, however I woke up to a man asking me, in the most wonderful British accent, "Will you be joining us this morning?" AH! It's the orientation director and it is 10:10! I got ready as quickly as I could and rushed downstairs to embark on our day, filled with touristy things, introducing us to London properly- a big bus tour, a river cruise, Spamalot at the theatre and then hanging out in Soho!

Through all that, I have met Big Ben, floated underneath the London Bridge (don't worry, it didn't fall down), battled through the tube during rush hour, ordered my very first drink (Malibu and Sprite) and found our way home on the bus system at 1:00 in the morning!! Obviously, the theatre was my favorite part! Oh, being at the theatre in London is just magical! ((However, the pasta and wine at dinner was mighty good as well)) The environment is electifying and the architecture is breathtaking! I will surely post pictures soon, along with a longer blog, but it is time for me to retire for the night, considering that it is 3:30 am!!




Love from the UK,
Brittany


Pictures from my jam packed Friday:



((Big Bus Tour))



((Big Ben: "not the clock, not the tower, but the bell that tolls the hour"))



((The London Eye))




((The River Cruise))



((Pizza Express))



((The Palace Theatre playing Spamalot))



((We're from all over the nation, and here we are in London))


2 comments:

Coach Lok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coach Lok said...

Slept in? That's what happens when you get 8 hrs sleep in a week!:?)

Sounds fun and I love your description. Keep 'em coming - short and sweet - just like you <3

I'm real excited for you and can't wait to read the next one.

Love you -have fun.