Monday 20 October 2008

Guess who's twenty??

ME!!


And my birthday weekend was everything I could have asked it to be- truly an amazing memorable couple of days. The weekend kicked off on Friday with Chocolate tasting at a high end department store, then I got a tour of Parliament ((which was both educational and aesthetically pleasing)), then there was dinner. Quite possibly the most amazing dinner I've ever had in my life((this is the menu verbatim)): for starters, some rustic country bread served with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and olives; for my meal I selected the Braised Shoulder of English Lamb with Smoked Garlic, Celery, and Spelt; then Leonidas Belgium Chocolates and Coffee for dessert. Delectable it was!! The meal went very nicely with the bottle of Merlot too. Oh and did I mention it was all on the house...? Basically it this event that some new phone company's been putting on at the Truman Brewery the entire week to publicize there new phone. Each day there was a differnt guest speaker; We went on the night that an Olympic Gold Medalist was speaking! Chris Hoy, UK's top cyclist....he was very well spoken. After his little motivational speech there was a question and answer time with the audience, so I even got to ask a question! Though I didn't notice this ((because I was focusing on a. sounding intelligent and b. sounding sober)) Alex said it was quite funny watching the crowd's shocked faces after hearing an American voice asking a question. Luckily she said I succeeded on both the missions I was focusing on. Yesss!


((Janette, me, and Alex))


((Us with Chris Hoy))



The one thing I knew I wanted to do for my birthday we did Saturday...we saw Wicked at the Apollo Theatre =) I love loved the girls I went with, love loved the music, the acting, the set...I just love loved the show entirely!! I was literally giddy excited ((especially during "Defy Gravity" and "Because I Knew You".)) Alex, Erika, and I heading over to Porter House where I had the best Passionfruit Beer I've ever had. I guess that's not hard to accomplish being that I've never had any before, but what I'm trying to say is it was amazing. It was such a fun girls night, literally ending with us painting out nails singing along to the Wicked Soundtrack.



((In front of the Apollo Theater))

((We're all in a phone booth...my idea))

((appetizers and drinks))

((they sang happy brithday to me))



((Nail paintin' time!!))


Waking up on my birthday I got to begin it in the best way possible. I got to read and journal and run. Good for the body,good for the soul....good for my sanity. Feeling older and wiser by the moment ((not seriously)) I was ready to embark on my twentieth year of life in style. What I mean by in style is that me and Alex heading into South Kensington to the Victoria&Albert Museum because she got tickets to The Supremes Exhibit. It was awesome! Moving, Inspiring, Empowering, and just really amazing and fun. We got to take a walk through the many outfits and accessories of The Supremes along with displays describing the time period and the movement. With "Stop in the name of love" and the "I Have a Dream Speech" playing in the background along with other songs and speeches. Get what I mean by: awesome, moving, Inspiring, Empowering, and just really amazing and fun. After that we did some shopping in Greenwich. Then Erika and Jack came to meet us for another fun dinner out followed by Burn After Reading at the Greenwich Picturehouse. I literally laughed until I cried ((and snorted a couple of times!)) The night ending with some wine and chit chat time at out flat and the Hobgoblin.




((Me and Alex at The Supremes Exhibition))



((Rockin out maannn))



((amazing amazing outfits))

((historical stuff=super moving, kinda teared up a bit))





((The Flatmates and the Bottle of Wine))



I'm no longer a teenager and I'm living 5ooo miles away from home; I had a fabulous birthday but I didn't get to have dinner with my family, I didn't get to hug the people I love most. Soon enough I will......and they're gonna be BIG ONES!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Britt! Sounds like you had an amazing time. We didn't get to hug you either and are missing you as well. However, I couldn't wish more for you at this time in your life and am so glad you are where you are!

All my love,
Shan.....(smom)and I consider being a smom a privilege and a gift from God.