Thursday 23 October 2008

Theatre, theatre, theatre

So in the past five days I've seen four shows, five if a movie counts.
Saturday- Wicked. What a way to start it off huh? This musical is amazing, probably my favorite, like ever ((that's right even more then Grease and Sound of Music, though each one has a very special place in my heart)).
Sunday- Burn After Reading. Okay, so it's not a play, but I'll include it in the count anyways. The movie's gotten mixed reviews; I thought it was hilarious. I'll be interested to know if I think it's as funny the second time around. I think I will because I love stupid humor, and that's what this was. I think they could have stepped up the witty, cleverness a bit, but stupid humor works for me too.
Monday- in-i. I went to this because Alex highly recommended it and it's gotten rave reviews. But I didn't really want to go. It's dance theatre- very little dialogue, more movement. I was skeptical, even after the first couple minutes; I was gettin a little sleepy...that's not a good sign. But after words, I was left breathless. It was beautiful and thought provoking- everything any work of art should be.
Tuesday- The Year of Magical Thinking. In one word: heart-wrenching. It's a one woman show and Vanessa Redgrave is absolutely captivating. I walked out of the theatre and had no words ((trust, that does not happen often)) She left me speechless.
Wednesday- Now and Then. A play about the hours prior to a President elect being announced. The President isn't the main character though, it's all about his son- the responsibilities and expectations of being a politician's son comes into question when the son gets caught up in controversy. He was amazing, amazing! Oh and by the way, I brushed shoulders with Keanu Reeves. He was sitting a couple rows ahead of me with Claire Forlani. He may not be the best actor, but...it was still cool.

After the show, we were all talking about Keanu Reeves and I'm not gonna lie, I was excited ((uh, he's way better looking in person by the way)) And this guy from Pittsburgh said, "You're from LA, why are you excited." Oh yea I forgot, we kick it with the movie stars all the time. Rrrrightt.

1 comment:

Coach Lok said...

Sounds GREAT!

No words??? Wow!!!

And Ted Logan in person! What do you mean he's not the best actor?

I heard Robert Downey Jr is filming Sherlock Holmes in London right now. Look them up too.

Keep living it up! And learn a bit too !:?)