Thursday 2 October 2008

Wednesdays are my favorites

Indeed they are. My fabulous Wednesday routine began with a wonderful home cooked lunch. The Chaplaincy Center puts on a weekly international lunch which was absolutely delicious. The food was only challenged by the pleasant company. The woman who head the center ((and made the wonderful meal)) is an adorable French lady who embraced us all the second we opened the door with a sweet "Welcome!" Everyone was very interested in everything about us. It remains hilarious watching people's reaction to my coming from Southern California. They either look at me like I am responsible for the degradation of society, or like I'm a movie star ((which arguably is one of the same)) Luckily, it's usually the latter.

Once a nice warm meal was in our tummys we we off to Acting in London...fabulous! We began the class by going around in a circle ((there's about 10 of us in there)) and saying who we were and why we're there. Everyone else is a theatre major, studying theatre for at LEAST two years, and are a part of their universities rigorous program....then it gets to me. "I'm Brittany, I'm from Southern California and I'm an Education major ((chuckles)) but I love theatre- I always have. However, I have also always been a really over involved person, so I've never been able to engulf myself into theatre the way I may have liked. Once I decided to study abroad I knew it was perfect opportunity to drop all my other responsibilities and involvements and see where this takes me." The tutor ((professor)) seemed pleased with my answer. Though I am incredibly under educated, I am also incredibly willing, energetic, and passionate about the material...perhaps that makes up for it?

Next for my wonderful Wednesdays- London Theatre. Basically, we go see a show EVERY week, then critically discuss it the following week. Last night we went to see Brief Encounter. In was, in too few words, absolutely lovely. It was originally a film, the old desperately romantic film, think the British Casablanca. I was literally moved to tears three times, I counted.


((After seeing Brief Encounter))




((even the lobby was romantic))

1 comment:

Coach Lok said...

Being "... incredibly willing, energetic, and passionate about the material..." usually does makes up for almost anything!