Thursday 9 October 2008

The Weekend in Cheltenham


B-E-A-UTIFUL! I love, love, love the country and it was so refreshing to get to spend four days in England's countryside. Riding up on e Oxford Tube I got to sit in the very front of the upper deck, which means I got to see everything. The second I was leaving the city behind me, seeing the country before me, I remembered how much I love being out in the open- in wide open spaces ((love love that song by the way!)) We went to two separate lookouts where you could see so much ((yay for the English sky actually being clear)) The second lookout was all filled with sheep and poo, yea...countrryy.



((Crickely Hill))

((The common, or commons, or something like that...))

((Lloyd and I))

((They poo a lot. And I had to walk through it all))

Having dinner with Lloyd's parents while I was there was so awesome because it was real English cooking with a real English family. How refreshing it was to be in a home, sleeping in my own room ((with a VERY comfortable bed)) and come downstairs to Lloyd's mum saying "Would you like some coffee, poppit?" Uh, of course I do! However, being back in a "home," really made me miss mine. I love you family!!! The other two supper exciting things I did was Burton-on-the-Water and Sudeley Castle.
Burton-on-the-Water is this village of cute, quaint cottages...dating back 300-400 years! It was all misty all day, typical England, but that just adding to the novelty of it. On the main street, like where Town Hall is, the cottages have been turned into really cute shops, cafes, and restaurants so it was really fun to walk around all that.

((Me over the bridge))

((Town Hall))


((Street of shops))

the part that probably got me the most excited...dun-duh-daaa!!!

The Model Village!!


a 1/9th scale model of the village ((Lloyd has these pictures and I forgot to get them from him, so I'll post them later on))
I was giggling for the entire time we were in there ((which was not a short amount of time, mind you)) It was like, Barbie's vacation village. It had everything in it, cottages, stores, churches playing music, bridges, the stream.....it was magical!

The magic continued with Sudeley Castle. Filled with gorgeous gardens fit for a queen. Well, literally made for a queen! And it was out in the middle of no where, surrounded by so much land. I literally ran up the stairs to the railing, looked over all the open land and just had to breath it all in- breathtaking.

((Sudeley Castle))
((The view from the Gardens))

(("The Queens Garden"))

((me like-ie))

((Ahhhhh....))
Wednesday morning was back to Goldsmiths, back to business ((though my classes mostly feel like playtime)) In Acting in London, we did some Shakespeare readings, which no one is the most confident in. But I love that class-always. We saw Mine for London's Theatre. Super emotional, super intense, it was almost overwhelming. But I tend to enjoy overwhelming experiences; the play almost had me crying numerous times. That's tending to be the trend....softie.

1 comment:

Coach Lok said...

WOW! The cottages and the Castle are beautiful - as is the countryside. Special thanks to Lloyd and his family for taking care of "our baby" for a few days!:?)

We miss you too... but it makes it better seeing these pix and knowing what a GREAT experience you're having!

We love you!